Dried Fruits Australia is the national body for the dried vine fruit industry.
With grower, processor and marketer members, DFA's vision is for a sustainable and innovative horticultural industry consistently supplying superior quality dried grapes to consumers.
- To encourage and promote the development of the Australian dried fruits industry.
- To advance, promote and protect the interests of the industry.
- To encourage the adoption of best practice in the growing, processing and marketing of Australian dried fruits, with the aim of maximising the profitability of the industry.
Industry growth and partnerships
DFA welcomes enquiries about all aspects of the industry, and is enthusiastic about mutually beneficial alliances with potential suppliers, customers, investors and other industry interest groups around the world.
We support the development of the industry by:
- Conducting research and disseminating research findings and technical information relating to world’s best practice.
- Promoting benefits associated with new varieties, mechanisation and trellis drying.
- Encouraging sustainable management practices on dried fruit properties, particularly relating to water, fertiliser and chemical usage.
- Attending trade fairs and industry events around the world and investing in marketing and promotions.
- Providing training courses for growers to improve quality and risk management, and reduce costs.
- Working with processors and best grower managers to promote quality production techniques and practices.
- Running field days for demonstration, to develop grower skills and knowledge, and to gain feedback.