Like any variety, Sunglo is a little bit different to the rest. It's a relative newcomer to the dried grape industry, so growers are still learning some of the tips to successful
Like any variety, Sunglo is a little bit different to the rest. It's a relative newcomer to the dried grape industry, so growers are still learning some of the tips to successful management.
DFA is running a field walk on Wednesday 11 December to look at successful Sunglo patches around the region.
But wait, there's more! Even those who don't grow Sunglo will be interested to hear from pest and disease guru Peter Magarey. He will run a session on pest and disease management and give an overview of his disease prediction model that we will soon release to industry as part of a funded project.
If you just want to catch Peter's presentation, meet us at Tony Martin's property at 2pm. To be part of the full program, meet us at Malcolm and Stephen Bennett's at 1pm.
The full program includes:
- 1.00 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch – Malcolm and Stephen Bennett's (212 Calder Highway, Merbein)
- 2:15 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch, talk pest and disease issues with Peter Magarey and learn about new disease prediction modelling – Tony Martin's (215 Main Avenue, Merbein)
- 3.45 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch – Mike Maynard's (Wells Drive, Merbein)
- 4.45 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch – John Hunt's (Corner Stewart and Wolfe Roads, Red Cliffs)
- 5.30 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch and a BBQ to finish – Gordon Gardner's (239 Irymple Avenue, Nichols Point)
If you know somebody else that wants to attend, it might be an idea to share a ride.
To register, contact us on 03 5023 5174 or at email@example.com.
(Wednesday) 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Stephen and Malcolm Bennett's property
212 Calder Highway, Merbein