Learn tips for successful Sunglo management
Dried grape growers will learn more about managing new variety Sunglo at a Dried Fruits Australia (DFA) field day this month.
Attendees will also hear from pest and disease guru Peter Magarey, who will give an overview of his disease prediction model that will soon be released to industry.
DFA field officer Stuart Putland said the event on 11 December would take growers to five dried grape properties around Sunraysia to look at successful Sunglo patches.
“Like any variety, Sunglo is a little bit different to the rest,” Mr Putland said.
“It's a relative newcomer to the dried grape industry, so growers are still learning some of the tips to successful management.
“Growers can choose to attend the full program, or they might just like to join us for Peter Magarey’s pest and disease management discussion.”
The full program includes:
- 1pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch – Malcolm and Stephen Bennett's property (212 Calder Highway, Merbein)
- 2.15 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch, pest and disease talk – Tony Martin's property (215 Main Avenue, Merbein)
- 3.45 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch – Mike Maynard's property (Wells Drive, Merbein)
- 4.45 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch – John Hunt's property (Corner Stewart and Wolfe Roads, Red Cliffs)
- 5.30 pm: Discussion in Sunglo patch and a barbecue to finish – Gordon Gardner's property (239 Irymple Avenue, Nichols Point)
It will be the last event held in 2019 as part of DFA’s Hort Innovation-funded industry development project.
To register, contact DFA on 03 5023 5174 or at email@example.com.